MBBI offers a dynamic range of events each year at locations around the world. Additionally, contact us if you would like to include: summits, workshops and other events on the roster.
MBBI is hosting a three-part series in collaboration with One Earth Future. Our shared thematic and geographic areas of interest are explored in the series, with upcoming webinars on Our Shared Resources: At the Heart of Sustainable Development on stakeholder engagement and conflict transformation in the extractive sector; and Women Peace and Security.
Citizen Mediators: On the Front Lines of Democracy | Workshop with Ashok Panikkar | Saturday, June 24th, 9:30am – 5:00pm, New York City, New York
This event, a CitizenDemos project co-sponsored by Mediators Beyond Borders International – New York Regional Group (MBBI-NY) and the CUNY Dispute Resolution Center at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, will be held at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, Haaren Hall, Room 610, 899 10th Ave. (entrance on 10th Ave. at 59th Street). Read the workshop description here for more information. This event is free, but seating is limited to 25 registrants. If you would like to attend, please register by sending an RSVP to bradroth@mediatorsbeyondborder
Should Women Negotiate Like Men?, 26 July, 2 PM EST, Online
Much has been written about how the negotiating skills of men and women may differ. This webinar will look at salary negotiations, and ask whether the skills should be different, and whether this is due to the skills of women or the perceptions of their opponents. The webinar will be beneficial to women and those negotiating with women. The webinar will be presented by: Judith Stilz Ogden, J.D., LL.M., MST. Assistant Dean, MBA Director, Director of the Center for Business and International Negotiation at Clayton State University, AAUW Facilitator for Salary Negotiation; and Diane Fulton, Ph.D., MBA. Professor of Management, Associate Director of the Center for Business and International Negotiation at Clayton State University. Note: the contents of this webinar do not necessarily reflect the views of MBBI.
Dr. Ogden and Dr. Fulton are members of the Sierra Leone Project (SLP) and proceeds of the webinar will benefit the SLP. The SLP is planning to start an Institute for Leadership and Peace Building to serve as the umbrella organization for the on-going SLP, and to eventually expand to a wider West African community. Initially, the institute would implement a Women’s Leadership Empowerment Program for emerging women political leaders in Sierra Leone to enhance their leadership skills with topics such as identification of root causes of situations, problem solving, action planning, negotiating tools, consensus building, and communication for change. The project has previously conducted online training for community leaders to help reduce the stigma of Ebola. Buy tickets ($25) here.
MBBI 8th Annual Congress, 4-6 October 2017, The Hague, the Netherlands
All the latest here.
Peacebuilding & Mediation-Related Events
- Succeeding in Africa: Social Construction in Action, 10-12 July 2017, Johannesburg, South Africa
- The International Symposium on Strengthening Peace Through Education, 9-11 August, Nagasaki, Japan
- International Conference on Peace and Conflict Management, Colombo, Sri Lanka, 25 August, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- The Association for Conflict Resolution Annual Conference 2017, 11 October, Dallas, Texas
- Peace Now More than Ever, Alliance for Peacebuilding, 11-13 October, Washington, DC
- Peace and Conflict Resolution Conference 2017, Tomorrow People Organization, 27-29 November, Bangkok, Thailand
- Build Peace 2017- Making Paper Count: New Forms of Citizen Participation in Peace Agreements, Universidad de los Andes, 4-6 December, Bogota, Colombia
- Annual Conference of the Historical Dialogues, Justice, and Memory Network, 7-9 December, New York City, New York
Present Past: Time, Memory, and the Negotiation of Historical Justice at Columbia University, New York City