Click here to access the Conference website with all the latest information about this year’s event in the Hague, the Netherlands.
Keep People Affected by Conflict in Charge
A work in process, starting with a conference on 5-6 October 2017
and MBBI anniversary event on 4 October 2017
at The Peace Palace in The Hague, The Netherlands
MBBI is hosting its 8th Conference in the Hague—the International City of Peace and Justice. As a celebration of our 10th anniversary we sincerely hope you can join us at the The Peace Palace to work on concrete issues that can contribute to peace. The essence of this working conference is to incubate open debate with a diverse group of participants and develop steps that may contribute to peace.
We aim to:
- Convene expert individuals from around the world who deal with social conflict on a regular basis
- Connect different expertises, experiences and levels of society that are currently disconnected
- Create a transformation by working together on real cases for a concrete outcome
- Nurture collaboration between diverse participants
- Include and promote music, theatre and art
- Highlight the role of women leaders
- Develop MBBI as a state-of-the-art 21st -century peace organisation
We are gathering: a group of people with primary experience in peacebuilding—experts, victims, politicians, and business-people; a broad group of representatives of relevant disciplines and backgrounds; and a multi-tier – top down, the grassroots and in between – to work with us on concrete questions. As mediators we will facilitate this inclusive process and work towards an outcome that has an impact for peace at the grassroots, for the people mostly affected by conflict.
Who should participate:
- Opinion-makers and people with impact that have experienced conflict resolution on a daily basis or have experienced (are experiencing) severe social conflict
- Stakeholders in existing conflicts, politicians, human rights advocates, directors-general of government ministries, mediators, directors of companies, religious leaders, journalists, heads of NGOs, diplomats, government officials, negotiators, doctors, etc.
Register for the conference and additional events (listed below) here.
- Tuesday, 3 October: Peace Table Event
- Wednesday, 4 October: Workshop De-Escalating Strong Emotions in Negotiation, Diplomacy and Conflict
- Wednesday, 4 October: MBBI’s Birthday
- Thursday, 5- Friday, 6 October 2017: MBBI Conference
MBBI greatly appreciates the support from the city of The Hague.
MBBI’s Annual Conference convenes hundreds of attendees worldwide to network and brainstorm solutions to conflict through the use of mediation and conflict resolution. Months in planning, the conference offers all who are interested a unique opportunity to learn the latest tactics and strategies from those who have been on the front lines. View MBBI’s archive and videos from previous Congresses.