MBBI’s Global Compact Action Group (GCAG) provides (and where appropriate, co-ordinates) support, empowerment and training necessary for the achievement of the objectives of the UN Global Compact.
The GCAG will facilitate the advancement of multi-sector solutions to social, economic and environmental challenges, whilst interacting with the UN Global Compact and at all times acting to advance the Ten Principles of the Global Compact.
As set out within the United Nations website for Global Compact:
“Corporate sustainability starts with a company’s value system and a principled approach to doing business. This means operating in ways that, at a minimum, meet fundamental responsibilities in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption. Responsible businesses enact the same values and principles wherever they have a presence, and know that good practices in one area do not offset harm in another. By incorporating the Global Compact principles into strategies, policies and procedures, and establishing a culture of integrity, companies are not only upholding their basic responsibilities to people and planet, but also setting the stage for long-term success.”
- Build on the relationship that currently exists between MBBI and UNGC.
- Develop internally other means by which the GCAG can collaborate with and offer additional services (particularly through MBB Consulting) for the Global Compact.
- Initiate outreach to GC regional networks in which committee members have a presence – including (but not restricted to) outreach being made to Global Compact member companies with operations in those regions.
- Identify conflict and collaborative needs of Global Compact signatories.
- Focus on: sustainability, human rights, corporate social responsibility, social performance, empowerment, climate change, and other environment issues including natural resources and environmental conflict management