Register for the Rotarian Action Group for Peace conference here.
Persistent Human Divides: Creative Initiatives for Communication, Collaboration, and Cohesion at Cardozo School of Law is a Symposium exploring innovations in the development of dispute resolution teaching, training and tools, including:
- Dispute resolution curriculum for our times
- An important role for art in expanding perspectives
- The role of journalists in shaping their readers’ understanding of conflicts
- Peacemaking circles to promote healing and harmony in families and communities
- Facilitation and training for groups needing cohesion and community
Speakers include MBBI’s: Prabha Sankaranarayan (CEO), Brad Roth (MBBI-NY Chair), and Ashok Panikkar (CitizenDEMOS); as well as MBBI partners Professor Maria Volpe (CUNY) and Rev. Philip Blamo (Eastern Regional Vice President of ULAA).
MBBI-LA and Rotary are partnering on a two-day training event which kicked off on September 23rd. Qualified MBBLA dialogue faciliators are training Rotarians on how to facilitate difficult conversations within their clubs. The sessions (pictured below) are lead by MBBI member and peace fellow Scott Martin. [Read more…]
MBBLA is registered for the opportunities fair booth and volunteers are needed on October 21st at the booth to raise awareness about MBBLA. All volunteers will receive a discounted admission to the SCMA conference; instead of paying $295, you only pay $95! Please click here to sign up for one of three time slots: 8am – 10am, 12pm – 2pm, or 4pm – 5:30pm