The Rotary Working Group of Mediators Beyond Borders International (MBBI-RWG) is a vehicle for advancing the common goals of both organizations, MBBI and Rotary International. The group aims to:
- Build a working partnership between the two organizations at all levels – from the local club to the global leadership; and
- Promote common work in projects, advocacy initiatives, and international meetings of both organizations.
for more information on how to become involved or to learn about MBBI-Rotary partnership, contact us at email@example.com.
- Join MBBI and Rotary In Building Peace Together, Rotary Annual Convention, Hamburg, Germany 1-5 June 2019
- MBBI-LA Hosting Peace Conversation Facilitation (PCF) Training
- Inspiration Around Every Corner, Rotary Convention, Toronto, Canada 23-27 June 2018
- Peacebuilding Conversations Connect Communities
- MBBI At the Rotary Presidential Conference on Water, Sanitation, Hygiene, & Peace
- MBBI-LA and Rotary Partnership & Training
- Rotary Global Grant Launched for Laikipia West
- Rotary World Peace Conference 2016
- Rotary International Convention 2014
- MBBI-Rotary Working Group goes to Sydney Australia June 1-4
MBBI-RWG Coordinating Committee
- Akinola Olawore, Chair. Past Assistant Zone Coordinator, District 9110
- Steven Goldsmith, MBBI-Rotary International Partnership Coordinator
- Bennett Seibert, MBBI-Rotary Peace Synergist
- Nikolay Yurov, MBBI-Rotary Peace Synergist
- MBBI Partners With Rotary To Bring Local Solutions For Lasting Peace
- Signed Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) with clubs on three continents and with the Rotary Action Group for Peace (RAGFP).
- Attended and presented at many Clubs, District Conferences, Zone Institutes, Peace Conferences, and RI Conventions (including in 2016).
- Developed a Peace Synergist volunteer position for Rotary Peace Fellows and other Rotarian peacebuilders as adjuncts to MBBI Project Teams and Working Groups. 10 Peace Synergists have been involved, with several playing leading roles in joint work
- Delivered training for over 1000 Rotarians at breakout sessions during Rotary Conventions and Peace Conferences since 2014
- On a trajectory launched in a 2013 meeting in Istanbul with PRIP Luis Giay, and in conjunction with Rotary Clubs, Districts, and TRF, MBBI and Rotary have successfully partnered to conduct two International Training Institutes (ITI) for women peacebuilders implemented through unique VTTs in Southeast Asia and the Andean Region
- Click here to learn about MBBI-Rotary partnership on the upcoming ITI in West Africa.
- Spoken about peace and conflict resolution/prevention at scores of Rotary clubs throughout the world. The presentation developed for these talks includes information on the history and current peacebuilding work in Rotary as well as MBBI’s complementary approach to its work
- MBBI members are also active Rotarians and hold positions of leadership in Clubs, Districts, and international Rotary bodies such as the RAGFP and the ICC. There are others who are also Peace Fellow alumni. These MBB-RI peacebuilders have helped clubs and districts develop peace committees and action plans. In District 5280, the peace committee is holding a training lead by MBBI trainer/ Peace Fellow for Club Peace Chairs on how to conduct facilitation in their club of “difficult conversations” on such topics as human trafficking. MBBI has been requested to replicate this model in other Rotary Districts.
Click here to download our guide to the Rotary Family of how to engage with MBBI.
Click here to download our member guide on how to engage with Rotary International.