- This event has passed.
DPACE Cafe June 16
June 16 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
LET’S TALK ABOUT IT AT the DPACE CAFÉ!
When: June 16,2021 7:00-8:30 ET, 6:00-7:30 CT, 5:00-6:30 MT and 4:00-5:30 PT
Where: Zoom of course!
The Café will host the following discussion tables, held in break out rooms.
- The Bondage of Neutrality: How can neutrality support power imbalance and perpetuate oppression? What burdens and benefits must the conflict practitioner consider when addressing power dynamics both explicit and implicit? Is it possible to be both neutral and omnipartial? Should we be neutral or omnipartial? Is it even possible to be an effective mediator adopting a neutral stance, do we do more harm than good? Our silence speaks volumes. (Planned facilitator: Dianne Williams)
- What Learning About Others Taught Me about Myself: While cross-cultural learning, diversity, and inclusion have been talked about for years, a particular momentum and mainstream focus more recently has offered significant opportunities for learning. Many of us found ourselves facing difficult truths about personal paradigms, bias, and reconciling paradoxical versions of people we respect, love, and even ourselves. This is additionally complicated by a changing social landscape in which effective allyship requires different things at different times. However, as is so often the case, the most difficult areas of growth have also led to the most gratifying rewards. Let’s come together to share what we’ve learned about others, ourselves in the process, and the gifts this has rendered. (Planned facilitator: Shelley Allen)
- Networking: Are you wondering who’s who, looking for like-minded, or perhaps different focused others to connect with? We’ll have “open tables” available for getting to know one others and what they’re working on.
As the Cafe project grows, we continue to listen to your feedback and make adjustments to the “menu” in order to best respond to your mind and heart’s nourishment needs. This time, like the last, the CAFE will offer a chance to change “tables” at the break or you can stay put and continue with the table you started with.
To reserve your spot please:
Sign-up to attend the session through this link: Register Here!
- Co-create the Café: Do you have an idea for a Specific Topic menu item? Please share your suggestion in the space provided during registration. We want to know! We need idea submissions by April 14th in order to forage for the proper ingredients you are requesting.
- As we create together please send us an image or sketch that speaks to what draws you to DPACE. Pictures speak louder than words. This is about drawing on your creative consciousness not about your prowess as an artist. Please share with heART! Send submissions to DPACE@mediatorsbeyondborders.org by June 14th please.
- Put June 16th in your calendar today! You’ll receive the Zoom link about an hour before the event.
We look forward to seeing you, learning together and continuing to create a nourishing and supportive place for our community to imbibe wisdom, humor, new ideas and connections!