Richard T. Ndi is holder of a PhD in History obtained from the University of Yaounde in Cameroon in 2014. Professionally, Richard has been working in the field of Peacebuilding for over 20 years. He is an expert in Conflict Resolution, Restorative Justice Facilitation, Mediation, Collaborative Negotiation, Team Building, Community Dialogue Facilitation, Advocacy and Leadership.
He served with Ecumenical Service for Peace-Cameroon as Regional Coordinator for the North West and West Regions of Cameroon from 1998-2008 and as country Director from 2010-2017. Richard has a track record in community mediation and conflict management Training. He relocated to the USA in 2017 and is keen to see mediation implemented in resolving the Anglophone problem in Cameroon.
- Interpersonal and Community Mediation
- Conflict Resolution Practice and Training,
- Restorative Justice Facilitation,
- Collaborative Negotiation,
- Team-building, Advocacy and Leadership
- Community Leadership, Fitchburg State University, 2018-2019 (Resident Leadership Academy) 2020
- Doctor of Philosophy in History, University of Yaounde (2010 – 2014)
- Master of Arts History, International relations, University of Yaounde (1990 – 1992)
- Coalition for Peace in Africa, Johannesburg South Africa-September 2003; Advanced Conflict Transformation Training
- University of Oslo International Summer School, Peace Research 24 June-4 August 2000 (Norway) Scored an A+ grade
- Country Director, Ecumenical Service for Peace- Cameroon, 2010-2017
- Conceived and coordinated programs of Ecumenical Service for Peace
Advocated for Gun control reforms, promotion of rights of the elderly, Land tenure reforms, Extractive industry Transparency, electoral reforms
Resource person to the media (Written, Radio and Television) on issues of peace, governance and human rights
1.1 Other experiences
- July 2017, Cameroon: Facilitated workshop on, “Non-Violent Strategies to resolve Agro-Pastoral conflict in Batouri East Cameroon”, organized by Catholic Relief Services-Cameroon. Developed training content Facilitated workshop, Prepared workshop report and created Social Cohesion Clubs.
- June 2017, Cameroon: Facilitated workshop on, “Healing and Rebuilding Our Communities” in Batouri-East Region of Cameroon, organized by Catholic Relief Services. Participated in developing training content,
- November 2-5, 2016, Lusaka Zambia: Participated in the ECOSOCC workshop to operationalize the Livingstone Formula, a framework for effective contribution of the civil society to the Peace and Security Council of the African Union Commission
- June 13-17, 2016, Istanbul Turkey: Participated in Effective Inter-religious Action in Peacebuilding, Tapping into the Power of Faith and Communities
- April 6-8, 2016, Abidjan, Cote D’Ivoire: Resource Person for workshop “Actors and New Strategies in the face of security challenges in Sub-Saharan Africa”, organized by Konrad Adenauer Stiftung, Abidjan. Presented a paper on Cameroon and the war on Boko Haram with emphasis on contributions of the civil society and the population to the war effort
- August 17-24, 2014, Johannesburg-South Africa: Attended General Assembly of Action for conflict Transformation and was nominated into the steering Committee, attended African Insider Mediators Platform meeting. Participated in building the database of Insider Mediators, presented Ecumenical Service for Peace experiences in community Mediation.
- Regional Coordinator, Ecumenical Service for Peace, Cameroon
- Trained community leaders on basic concepts in conflict Resolution and mediated in Balikumbat/Bafanji conflict in North West Cameroon.
- Trained community leaders on basic concepts in conflict Resolution and mediated in the Bagam/Bamenyam conflict in the West Region of Cameroon.
- Created dialogue Committees in conflict zones in North West and West Cameroon.
- Organized exchange visit in conflict communities in North West/and West Regions of Cameroon.
- Resources person on issues of Peace and Conflict
2.1 Other Experiences
- November 2009 Facilitated workshop on Enhancing Citizen Peace building capacity in the Bakassi Peninsula in Cameroon: the role of civil society in post conflict Peacebuilding with focus on, concepts in peacebuilding, nonviolent approaches to conflict resolution, mainstreaming gender in post conflict peacebuilding, trade for peace
- December 2009, Dakar-Dakar-Senegal: Presented paper on Local stakeholder empowerment and participation in the resolution of conflicts in Africa: The case of Bagam/Bamenyam Conflict in West Region of Cameroon
- December 2009, Dakar-Dakar-Senegal: Presented paper on Local stakeholder empowerment and participation in the resolution of conflicts in Africa: The case of Bagam/Bamenyam Conflict in the West Region of Cameroon.
- April 2001: Developed the curriculum for an International workshop on skills for Conflict Resolution in Rural Africa, organised by DSE (Inwent) in Germany
- English Language: Written and spoken
- French Language: Spoken and read. Great ability to translate from French to English
- Central Africa
- Southern Africa
- West Africa
- North America