I am an ADR internationally qualified Arbitrator & Mediator. I am mostly a Mediator & Mediation Trainer in my practice. I have conducted numerous mediations, often under these Models of Mediation, Evaluative, Facilitative, Transformative and Narrative. Workplace Mediations are mostly as Evaluative Mediator, where I advise on strengths & weaknesses of the case, resulting in either the drafting of settlement agreements or the referral to Arbitration. Land Rights’ Mediations are conducted in all the outlined models and are dependent on the type of conflict, number of beneficiaries, and the relevant Land Rights Act applicable in the dispute. I am also actively involved in Civil & Commercial mediations and I mostly preside as a Facilitative or Evaluative Mediator. I am very passionate about Mediation and see myself getting more involved in Peacekeeping in the years to follow. I love training Mediators and have done this in many countries for the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). In addition to the above, I am also a visiting Lecturer at the University of Witwatersrand (WITS) where I lecture part-time on Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and have been on this platform for the last five years. I have also been invited to speak on Mediation at conferences and most recently as a speaker for international webinars on Mediation.
- Workplace / Labour Relations
- Civil, Commercial & Land as well as broad based Human Resources.
- BA Degree Psychology & Communications
- Postgraduate Diploma Labour Law
- Postgraduate Diploma International Arbitration
- CEDR Accredited Mediator
- RICS Accredited Mediator.
- (1993 – 1999 ) Employed as Trainer to Old Mutual Insurance Company – duties were mostly broad based Human Resources & Labour Relations Training to staff members in Africa
- July 1999 to present – Self employed as HR / IR Consultant -worked mostly with SMME’s within Human Resources and Industrial Relations
- Currently active mostly as a Mediator
- Panelist on the RICS Africa Panel of Dispute Resolvers, Land Rights Management Panel in South Africa, & Equillore.
- Southern Africa