Luis Oré is a mediator, consensus building and stakeholder engagement practitioner, a Harvard-trained negotiation trainer, founder of ORASI Consulting Group (U.S.), Latin-American Director with Workplace Fairness Institute (Canada). Master in conflict management and master’s in communication and training in negotiation and consensus building by CMI International Group, WKU, Lipscomb University and the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School. Lawyer from the University of Lima. Oré served as Chair 2010-2011 of the Association for Conflict Resolution’s International Section, Vice-Chair 2011-2012 of the American Bar Association’s International Investment and Development Committee, Latin America Coordinator for the ACR’s Commercial Section, and served in the steering committee of the International Energy & Natural Resources Committee of the ABA’s International Law Section.
- Negotiation and consensus building training
- stakeholders and conflict assessment
- design and facilitation of dialogue processes
- facilitating joint fact finding, development and extractive industry conflicts, water challenges, environmental issues, social unrest, community and indigenous groups
- cross cultural training and management
- grievance mechanisms design
- local and regional government capacity building (consensus,conflict management and prevention)
- JD – Law degree and licensed attorney in Peru
- MA in Conflict Management (Lipcomb University)
- MA in Communication (Western Kentucky University)
- 2010-2011: Chair of the Association for Conflict Resolution’s International Section
- 2011-2012: Vice-Chair of the American Bar Association’s International Investment and Development Committee,
- Latin America Coordinator for the ACR’s Commercial Section
- served in the steering committee of the International Energy & Natural Resources Committee of the ABA’s International Law Section
- Law practitioner in Peru in the private sector and worked with the Peruvian government
- Assessment of multiple stakeholders’ views across government, civil society, and the private sector in Peru regarding the creation of a government environmental agency and exploring whether and how public policy dialogue, negotiated decision-making, and agreement building strategies could help strengthen the government agency’s political viability and effectiveness.
- Assessment of Peruvian Prime Minister Office’s interests in building government’s conflict management capabilities and designing systems to early identify social conflicts and to monitor follow through of agreements
- Assessment of local governments’ interests and the design of intervention strategies and capacity building programs in the Andean region of Peru
- Developing negotiation, consensus building, stakeholder engagement and conflict management capacity of multiple stakeholders in the public and private sector including oil and mining companies, and government agencies including officials of the Energy and Mining Ministry, and the Water National Authority where implemented methodology for water conflict analysis
- served as head of the first Unit of Hidrosolidarity and Water Governance with the Water National Authority (Peru)
- Stakeholder Engagement & Communications Manager with Suez Peru (Suez Environmental) and Regional Manager of Strategic Relations and Sustainable Development, Lowell Mineral (Perú – Ecuador). Luis has also worked assessing the needs and challenges of a manufacturing company working with Hispanic employees in the Southern Kentucky area to implement specific initiatives.
- Assessment and design of dispute resolution systems (including mediation) for dealing with internal and external stakeholders, reducing legal expenses, improving communication, employee’s engagement, working environment, and labor-management relations.
- Contributor to an initiative to build capacity and design a dispute resolution system in the educational sector with a high school in Nashville TN,
- Contributed to the development of a new vision for mediation development in the State of Tennessee
- Facilitator for AmericaSpeakes- the shaping of a vision for a thriving Owensboro-Davies County,KY.
- North America
- South America