MBBI and Rotarians Promote common work in projects, advocacy initiatives, and international meetings of both organizations from the local club to the global leadership. This partnership seeks to design its work on the expressed needs of the communities and local partners to accomplish objectives where real and measurable impacts can be seen in those communities.
Avenues To Become Engaged
- Peace Conversation Facilitation (PCF) program launched by MBBI–LA Regional Group in partnership with Rotary district 5280 – seeking MBBI members who are experienced dialog Facilitators for coaching with Rotarians around the world.
- Rotary World Peace Conference 2020
- 2019 Bali International Peace Congress Co-Sponsored by Rotary Districts 3410 and 3420
- MBBI Partners With Rotary To Bring Local Solutions For Lasting Peace
- Signed Memorandums of Understanding (MOU).
- Developed, with Rotary, the Peace Conversation Facilitation (PCF) program in District 5280 and now has a Replication turnkey package available for other Districts.
- Attended and presented at many Clubs, District Conferences, Zone Institutes, Peace Conferences, and RI Conventions (including in 2016).
- Developed a Peace Synergist volunteer position for Rotary Peace Fellows and other Rotarian peacebuilders as adjuncts to MBBI Project Teams and Working Groups. 12 Peace Synergists have been involved, with several playing leading roles in joint work
- Delivered training for over 2000 Rotarians at breakout sessions during Rotary Conventions and Peace Conferences since 2014
- On a trajectory launched in a 2013 meeting in Istanbul with PRIP Luis Giay, and in conjunction with Rotary Clubs, Districts, and TRF, MBBI and Rotary have successfully partnered to conduct two International Training Institutes (ITI) for women peacebuilders implemented through unique VTTs in Southeast Asia, the Andean Region, and the Middle East and North Africa regions.
- Click here to learn about MBBI—Rotary partnership on the upcoming ITI in West Africa. (For full description and to make a pledge: http://www.matchinggrants.org/global/project1376.html).
- Spoken about peace and conflict resolution/prevention at scores of Rotary clubs throughout the world. The presentation developed for these talks includes information on the history and current peacebuilding work in Rotary as well as MBBI’s complementary approach to its work.
- MBBI members are also active Rotarians and hold positions of leadership in Clubs, Districts, and international Rotary bodies such as the RAGFP and the ICC. There are others who are also Peace Fellow alumni. These MBB—RI peacebuilders have helped clubs and districts develop peace committees and action plans. In District 5280, the peace committee is holding a training lead by MBBI trainer/ Peace Fellow for Club Peace Chairs on how to conduct facilitation in their club of “difficult conversations” on such topics as human trafficking. MBBI has been requested to replicate this model in other Rotary Districts.
- District 5020 February 2020 Newsletter. Make sure to read pages 20-25!
Guide For The Family Of Rotary To Engage With MBBIA Guide For The Rotary Family – EN
Download here. Available in French, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, and Japanese.
Member Guide To Engage With Rotary InternationalMBBIers Guide To Rotary Partnership – EN