- This event has passed.
WTF is Happening?!? – The Role of Conflict Professionals in These Times
October 5 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
DPACE is excited to host a Town Hall and “stump the mediator” panel (including Ken Cloke) to discuss “WTF is Happening?!? – The Role of Conflict Professionals in These Times
We all know our work as conflict professionals is impacted by context. Currently, our context includes a prolonged world health crisis that has been exacerbated by social and political violence in the US with global implications. The Town Hall will be a time for us to access our collective wisdom, link arms with one another, and take a moment to regroup and gain strength for the critical work we do as peacebuilders.
Ken Cloke has described mediation as “a series of failures” that we continue to learn from. All of us have been in the middle of a mediation when something went terribly wrong and we found ourselves thinking “WTF is happening?!?” followed by “WTF can I do?” The panel is a chance for us to learn together. We want you to give your toughest moments to expert mediators with various styles and perspectives so they can provide practical advice on how to avoid and/or handle these situations when they happen.
Our panelists are:
- Ken Cloke
- Wendy Wood
- Duncan Autrey
- Dr. Dianne Williams
- Joel Schaffer
If you would like to submit one of your challenges for us all to learn from, please send your case to email@example.com by noon Pacific October 2nd and include:
- Your contact information for clarification questions.
- Would you like to remain anonymous in the panel presentation? (Y/N)
- Where you are located.
- Have you worked in social/political spaces or worked in communities dealing with challenging social change issues? (Y/N)
- In less than 250 words, briefly describe the challenge you, as a conflict engagement practitioner / peacebuilder encountered.
- What is the one question you want to ask the panelists?
**Submissions should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org