The SDGAG supports the implementation of the UN’s Global Agenda 2030 (also known as Sustainable Development Goals-SDGs). In 2017, the SDGSC drafted and submitted MBBI’s Statement to the High-Level Political Forum (July 2017) and attended the HLPF meetings. Members of MBBI’s delegation observed Voluntary National Reviews and attended the parallel forum on business and partnership.
- MBBI’s SDG Action Group co-created the Position Paper of the Non-Governmental Organizations Major Group, High-Level Political Forum 2018
- Concept Note NGO Major Group Side Event at the HLPF 2018. An NGO Toolbox to Enhance Implementation of the 2030 Agenda Towards Sustainable and Resilient Communities
- UNMWG Understanding, SDG 16 Plus for Peaceful, Just & Inclusive Pakistan PJN
- MBBI Statement Submitted to HLPF: Early Parenting and Early Child Care and Education to Break the Inter-Generational Dimension of Poverty
- Promote MBBI’s values and mission by supporting the United Nations’ (UN) efforts to build mediation capacity within its system for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Conduct background research to explore the best ways MBBI can contribute to the SDG 2030 Agenda.
- Foster partnerships with UN member states, review Voluntary Action Plans, and enhance capacity-building for dispute resolution within the UN—with particular emphasis on local and regional capacity-building and promoting the SDGs.
- Attend “implementation” meetings provided by different international organizations to introduce conflict resolution and peacebuilding language and skills to resolve or prevent conflict internationally.
For more information, please contact Estera Borcsa, Chair of the SDG Action Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.