As a young learner in mediation and peacebuilding it is very important for me to hear more about women who go into the real world and do their job in mediation and peacebuilding.
–Heng Limheang, Cambodia
If it were not for ITI, I would never have spoken with someone like Zainab [a Palestinian woman with whom she now facilitates joint forums].
I successfully facilitated a dialogue among the Philippine National Police Officers, Army Officers, Leaders of the IDPS in Surigao (MAPASU), Religious Support Group and Civil Society Organizations- the first such dialogue in which these groups had ever participated.
Thanks to the generosity of individuals like you, Heng, Sarah and Marie are ready to lead and inspire the solution. They are generating waves of peace in their communities. We are counting on your renewed support today to help ensure their success and ready the next wave of peacebuilders.
Beginning in 2013, through its International Training Institute (ITI), MBBI began to shrink a dangerous gap in global peace processes: the participation of women mediators.
Today, past participants, fifty-two peacebuilders from twenty-one countries, are impacting the lives of thousands of people in communities across the world through ever widening circles of peaceful influence. They are engaged in a range of local, regional and national peace-building activities.
They are facilitating health initiatives, ethnic collaboration, interfaith understanding and….much more.
Your renewed support today will extend MBBI’s reach and help communities build and sustain their capacity for peace in South and Central America.
Every donation to MBBI makes programs like ITI possible. They create a global ripple of peace. For example:
- $75 provides 6 months of airtime for a project partner to maintain phone contact with their team.
- $100 supports the generation and distribution of relevant materials for community sessions.
- $250 helps an ITI participant hold a training session for the disputants in her community.
- $500 makes it possible for a participant like Sarah to organize a peace dialogue in her community.
- $1000 may fund the participation of one participant to attend the next ITI in Bogota, Colombia.
Together, we will create an unstoppable tide. Thank you for your consideration.